- How to use
- Quotation conditions settings
- [FA Sheet Metal] Quotation Settings
- Information about manual quotation
Information about manual quotation
- Even if an automatic quotation is not available on meviy, you can get a quotation using Manual quotation.
- Please check the following and then feel free to make a request.
What is Manual quotation?
- This is a process whereby a manual quotation will be reviewed and issued through meviy support when an automatic quotation is not available on meviy.
- You can request a manual quote for the following: higher quantitiesinstructions in the comment field Holes which are marked as “Others”.
- Usually you will receive an answer within 1-2 working days.
- * More days may be required in the event that the materials are difficult to procure.
How to Request a Quotation
- The “Request manual quotation” button will display when the manual quotation is available.
- Please click it to make a request.
Comment Field (Additional Instructions)
- Machining instructions for sheet metal parts are supported.
- Click [Input] and fill in the displayed input field, then click [OK].
- Machining instructions for machined plates will not be accepted.
- Enter hole instructions in the next item, “Other Holes.”
Enter Hole Information for "Other" Holes
- Holes for which [icon] is selected in Hole information instructions for machined plates are recognized as “Other Holes.”
- Text can be entered in the free-entry field for other holes.
- Fill in hole information (Hole type, Hole diameter, effective depth, etc.) within 30 characters or less, then click [Update].
CautionIf the hole information provided is insufficient, the quotation will be declined to prevent discrepancies between the quotation conditions.
Canceling a Manual Quotation
- The quotation request can be cancelled until meviy support has responded.
- If the conditions have changed or the quotation is no longer needed, click “Cancel manual quotation” to cancel the request.
- To request a new quotation after cancellation, click “Request manual quotation” again.
- In addition to receiving an email from meviy support, the amount, days to ship, and part number will be displayed on the 3D viewer.
- Also, “Message from meviy support” will be displayed if conditions are included in the quotation. Click “Confirm” to review the details.
- If the quotation is declined by meviy support, a message will be added in Precaution and a detailed email will be sent to your registered email address. Please check the details.
- Click “Set Quotation Conditions again” to return to where you were prior to requesting a manual quotation, where settings can be changed and a manual quotation can be requested again.
Manual Quotation Unavailable
- A manual quotation cannot be requested if there is no “Request manual quotation” button.
- Shape recognition may have failed. Please check the model shape and other relevant details.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via mail
Manual Quotation Experience Record
- The following is a record of manual quotations have experience handling, and also elements that are not supported.
- Production feasibility is determined on a case-by-case basis, even for parts that include elements that we have experience handling. The request will be declined if it is not possible to fulfill it.
Sheet Metal Parts
- Please set elements we have experience with either on meviy, or fill in the details in the Comment Field (Additional Instructions).
- Requests requiring 2D drawings are not supported.
|Have experience with||Unsupported elements|
|Shipping days||Specified shipping days||–|
|Size||Expanded dimensions of 2,000 mm in length.||–|
|Tolerance and precision||Tolerance range of 0.2 or above||Tolerance range of 0.2 or above|
|–||Geometric tolerance specifications|
|–||Surface roughness specifications|
|Material type and surface treatment||Partial surface treatment specifications||Material type and surface treatments not selectable for automatic quotation|
|Heat treatment and hardness||–||Heat treatment|
|Holes||Tap sizes not covered by automatic quotation||Countersunk hole sizes not covered by automatic quotation|
|Light chamfering specifications around entire circumference||–|
|Parts||–||Changes to mirror geometry|
|–||Specified shape different from 3D model|
|Certification documents||Mill test certificate (similar lots)||–|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. Are manual quotations more expensive?
- A. Except for large-quantity orders, manual quotations tend to be more expensive than automatic quotations.
- Q. Why are the conditions differ from previous quotations?
- A. The quotation conditions vary as quotations are made manually on a case-by-case basis.
- Q. Are discounts available?
- A. No, they are not supported.
- Q. Can quotations be given for Economy Shipping, Expedited Shipping and Express Shipping part numbers?
- A. No, they are not supported. Only automatic quotation part numbers are supported.
- Q. Can quotations be given for several quantities?
- A. Please enter the quantities in the comments field and we will respond according to those quantities. We can respond regarding a maximum of seven different quantities.
- Q. What should I do if I want a quicker response?
- A. Please enter details such as “Please respond by xx” in the comments field and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
- However, this may not be possible to accommodate, depending on the situation at the factory that checks your request. Thank you very much for your understanding.