- Technical Information
- [FA Mechanical Parts] Sheet Metal Parts
- Applicable parts/Materials
- Parts Eligible for Thin Shim Plates
Parts Eligible for Thin Shim Plates
- Thin shim plates, useful for adjusting the thickness and height of parts, are available.
- Certain conditions regarding the shape elements, material and thickness of the part must be met in order to select shim plates. Check below for detailed specifications.
Shapes Eligible for Thin Shim Plates
Eligible: Cutout/through holes/freeform hole
Not eligible: Bends
Eligible: Cutout/through holes (rectangular holes, slotted holes, etc.)
Not eligible: Molded holes
Materials / Plate Thicknesses Eligible for Thin Shim Plates
- The plate thickness tolerance varies depending on the plate thickness and material.
- Other stainless steel materials are available with a plate thicknesses of 0.8 mm or 1.0 mm, but 304 Stainless Steel (H) (for Shims) has higher precision. (The plate thickness tolerance with standard materials is ±10% [reference value only].)
|Eligible 1: Ferrous Metal||Sheet Thickness||Sheet Thickness Tolerance|
|Cold Rolled Low Carbon Steel (for Shims)||0.1||±0.03|
|Eligible 2: Stainless Steel||Sheet Thickness||Sheet Thickness Tolerance|
|304 Stainless Steel(H) (for shim)||0.05||±0.005|