Measuring 3D models
This function allows measurement of models uploaded.
Screen introduction of measurement functions
This section introduces the various windows that appear after the measurement function is executed.
- Click the icon
- The following procedures are available depending on the items to measure.
- – To measure the distance
- →If you select the two points (highlighted in yellow-green) you wish to measure, XYZ will be displayed in a window respectively.
- -If you want to measure R value
- →If you hover the mouse over the elements to measure (edges and faces of the model), the R-value will be displayed in the window when the element selected that is highlighted in light blue.
- – To measure angles
- →If you hover the mouse over the elements to measure (edges and faces of the model),
- select the two elements that are highlighted in light blue and the angles will be displayed in the window.
|①||Measurement icon||Activate the measurement function|
|②||Measurement mode switching window||Switch between the maximum and minimum distance|
|③||Measurement window by element||The window displaying information about the measured element|
|④||Selected Objects||Using to select the center point or central axis of a hole|
|⑤||Measurement component line||Displaying the measurement target by measurement mode, and the XYZ component is also displayed as a line segment at the same time.|
- An icon used to measure various elements of the model
- Shortcut key is activated by “Shift+M”.
Measurement mode switching window
Function to switch between longest and shortest distance measurements for selected elements
|Longest distance||Shortest distance|
Measurement window by element
Window displaying information about the object to be measured and the numerical values of the decomposed XYZ components
Various elements are displayed that can select the element need to measure
|Sphere object||Center point of the R edge|
|Cylindrical object||Central axis of a curved surface|
Measurement component line
Displays the XYZ components that configure the measured distance in mm
|Black line||Measurement result|
|Red line||X direction component|
|Green line||Y-direction component|
|Blue line||Z direction component|